Dedication To Community & Corporate Responsibilty
Centaurus is committed to helping organizations in addressing the global challenges of education, poverty alleviation, and disaster relief. Since 2008, we kickstarted a series of social initiatives in the communities we operate in. We hope that by leveraging our company’s strengths, team members, and resources, we will raise awareness of the importance of corporate philanthropy, and encourage others to participate in and contribute to the area of social responsibility. We have a long way to go, and if you are an NGO that would like to build a partnership with Centaurus, please contact us for more information.
Centaurus has been supporting Ashajyothiusa since 2007.We are extremely proud of the work they do. Below are notes from Ashajyoti’s website
AshaJyothi USA Operating Model
- Our Method for change starts with identifying NGO's in India which are striving to help , save and serve the children in need. These children primarily have some special needs like Physical Challenges, Cognitive Challenges, HIV/AIDS, Blind, Deaf and Dumb, Street children, Orphan Children, Underprivileged children and Girl Children.
- Once the NGO's are assessed and financial credibility is verified , we ask the NGO's to prepare a detail proposal of their organization profile, children, projects, executive summary, goals and critical needs.
- Based on the need, the projects are either aligned with CHILD BASED REHABILITATION PROGRAM or COMMUNITY BASED REHABILITATION PROGRAM.
- Child Based Rehabilitation is based on One Child at a Time model and Community Based Rehabilitation is based on One Community ( School, Orphanage,Village, Mandal, District ) at a time.
- The Needs are then classified into 3 broad categories : Core, Critical and Differential.
- Core Needs include FOOD, SHELTER and EDUCATION.
- Critical Needs include HEALTH CARE, SURGERIES, PHYSIOTHERAPY.
- Differential Needs include SPECIAL NEEDS, SUSTAINABILITY ALIGNMENT and EMPOWERMENT OBJECTIVES.
- Our approach is to provide sustainable means to meet the Core needs of Food and Shelter first and then followed by Critical needs of Adequate Medical Care for the children. Sponsor surgeries, provide physiotherapy and aids and appliances and help thru the long rehabilitation process. Since most of the children we support have special needs which are Differential, our projects are aligned to support these special needs like CP Chairs, Wheelchairs, Braille resources, Walkers, Canes, Speech therapy, Speech therapy equipment, Crutches, Hearing aids,Calipers, Splints, Diapers, Mattresses etc. Empowerment is our last step before some of these children are socially integrated into the communities they will live and serve in.
- Our project durations are anywhere from One day to 3 months to 6 months to 3 years.
- One day objective is to meet the Food Needs of the children. $60 sponsorship will enable us to provide all day meals for 80 children.
- 3 - 6 month projects are quick product based . Mattresses, Diapers, Wheelchairs etc.
- 1 Year projects typically rehabilitate a child from surgery thru exhaustive 9 month physiotherapy cycle.
- 3 year agenda's impact an entire community of children.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be a champion of change and help a child or a community in need.